In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer of £35,000 - £42,000 based on experience plus bonus and a range of benefits including health insurance, company pension scheme, enhanced annual leave and career development opportunities.
VANRATH are pleased to be working with a leading Cybersecurity firm who are recruiting for a high calibre candidate to fill the role of Security Analyst and join their expanding team of talented individuals.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Commensurate technical industry experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
- Broad understanding & familiarity of with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Broad understanding & familiarity of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Broad understanding & experience with fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Previous experience in a relevant technical role, such as a NOC, IT Team, or Support Team
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Actively reviewing and analyzing data to identify potential threats to our customers worldwide
- Analysis of security incidents using a selection of industry leading SIEMs
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams to resolve customer issues
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cybersecurity job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden in the strictest confidence.