This award-winning client is looking for a Software Engineer II to join their rapidly expanding team! In this role, you will be an important member of the team, helping to design and deliver key business applications and solutions. You will have a say in team architecture decisions and ensure that we build scalable, performant, easy-to-maintain, and cost-effective solutions. You will be part of a talented, collaborative team of engineers eager to grow and deliver.
They are interested in the following skills:
- Experience with UI development (React, etc)
- Engineering large-scale systems/applications
- Native cloud services (AWS)
- Architecture based on microservices
- A third-level degree in a field related to information technology or computer science.
- You will have at least one year of professional programming experience, preferably at a software product company.
- You know at least one programming or scripting language, such as Typescript, Java, Python, or Golang.
- You have a security-first mindset, with a strong emphasis on secure application software delivery and cloud infrastructure.
- You are familiar with container-based solutions such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You've worked with infrastructure as code before (e.g. terraform, cloudformation, cdk).
- Experience with UI development (e.g. React).
- Native cloud services (AWS).
- Engineering large-scale systems/applications.
- Architecture based on microservices.
- Tools for continuous integration and deployment.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implementation of critical business applications and solutions.
- Contribute to architectural decision-making.
- Adhere to our Software Development processes whilst improving our Engineering culture by identifying and addressing process inefficiencies.
- Proactively engage with cross functional stakeholders including Product Managers and Architecture team.
Salary £35,000 - £50,000
- 12% Bonus (over 90% of current employees get the full 12%)
- Platforms for online learning
- Engineering certifications - AWS
- Flexible working
- Flexible remote first approach
- 30 days annual leave plus 4 stats
- Above market Pension scheme
- Private healthcare, dental, and optical insurance for you and your family under the Group Benefit Scheme
- Increased parental leave
- CSR and Social Activities