Vanrath are now hiring for Northern Irelands leading independent publishing, exhibition and events company.
The company publishes a wide range of consumer, trade and online magazines and is the organiser of leading exhibitions, conferences and high-profile gala awards dinners
With print and digital magazines, weekly e-newsletters, website, social platforms and shows in both Belfast & Dublin, this is a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a high energy individual to join this dynamic sales team.
For this role, the successful candidate would ideally be coming from a drinks background.
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm (3 days in office / 2 days at home)
£34,000 with OTE of £10,000 (£44,000 OTE)
Purpose of job:
- To be responsible for the annual advertising sales and sponsorship budget
- Generating digital, print and sponsorship revenues for new and existing brands.
- To achieve agreed sales targets
- To identify and develop new business from the core target market as well as new business sectors
- To build relationships and develop existing client base
- To prepare high quality proposals and client correspondence
- Be a create thinker and be able to generate new business ideas
- To develop and deliver quality presentations to clients
- To contribute to the strategic development of the business
- To have a finger on the pulse of developments in media and commercial advertising sectors plus the wider business marketplace.
- To coach, train, encourage and motivate other members of the sales team
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in media sales or a similar direct sales environment.
- Proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
- Proven experience of prospecting and delivering new business.
- Good reporting and presentation skills.
- The successful candidate will be target driven, a self-starter, proactive, creative, good at building relationships and passionate about selling media for a leading Irish Media Group.
- Development and progression within the company is a realistic goal within a short period of time for the successful candidate.
The company is committed to staff development and there is ongoing training and development programme in place.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales/Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.