VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting a Rotational Pharmacist for a HSCNI organisation based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The role will initially run for a minimum of 6 months, with plans for ongoing extension for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for career progression in the pharma sector and to obtain a range of valuable and varied experience.
£32K+ Holiday Pay + Pension + Discount Benefits from Day 1
- The successful rotational pharmacist will be required to assist in the provision of a clinical pharmacy and/or integrated medicines management service to allocated wards.
- To obtain comprehensive admission medication histories and rationalise patients' medication on admission.
- To provide a comprehensive medication monitoring service for inpatients and optimise medication use in allocated wards.
- Participate in the work of the dispensary, including clinical and accuracy checking of prescriptions and dispensed medicines, both within the dispensary and at ward level.
- Review and assess inpatient and outpatient prescriptions for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Communicate recommendations on drug therapy to doctors, nurses and other relevant healthcare professionals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Masters of Pharmacy (MPharm), or equivalent.
- Be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (or eligible for membership)
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance relevant to GMP.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical analytical and microbiological methods
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Science / Data jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McKinley in the strictest confidence.