Roofer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Roofer
for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site.
- To undertake all roofing work associated with the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings including and not limited to: Removing old roof coverings and replace with all styles of roof.
- Repairing and replacing lead work to roofs.
- Renewing or rebedding hip and roof tiles.
- Renewing or rebedding chimney pots.
- Repairing mineral felt and asphalt flat roof covering.
- Correctly replacing slates or tiles in isolated patches. Surveying and correctly identifying faults to pitched and flat roofs.
- Replacing/repairing/cleaning guttering and fascia as necessary.
- To complete tasks outside of trade where required for operational purposes.
- To provide a quality customer service and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
- To ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation.
The Ideal Person:
- Have successfully completed an apprenticeship in Roofing (either time served or skills based).
- Have a minimum of one year's relevant post apprenticeship experience working in a Roofing environment.
- Can demonstrate practical knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety requirements and legislation in a maintenance/repair environment.
- Can demonstrate: Excellent communication skills. Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong customer focus.
- Accurate record keeping and attention to detail.
- A full current driving licence which includes C1 licence category.
£22,700 - £26,409 plus Van & Fuel Card.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Portadown or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…