A leading Public Sector employer based in Belfast are currently recruiting a Research Officer to join their team on an initial interim basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Northern Ireland's most recognisable employers.
What's in it for you?
- Salary - £50,684 - £52,213
- Initial interim contract
- Hybrid working policy
About your next employer
Research Officers work directly with Assembly Members and Committees in the production of non-partisan, objective and evidence-based research. Each Research Officer is responsible for authoring research concerning a specific subject area (specialism) within the remit of the devolved powers of the Northern Ireland Assembly. The research produced by Research Officers is routinely published and can involve written, oral and visual presentations to Assembly Committees in open and closed sessions.
- Be in possession of at least a second-class honours degree (or equivalent or post-graduate qualification), which contained at least 50% of the course content relating to criminal justice related law or policy.
- 2 years experience conducting objective, evidence-based criminal justice related research
- Producing and delivering evidence0based research findings on criminal justice matters
What you'll do
- Provide timely, accurate, high quality and impartial research and analysis to individual MLA's Assembly Committees and Senior Managers
- Retrieve, synthesise and analyse information from a wide range of regional, national and international sources
- The presentation of research briefings to Assembly Committees and responding to Committee members' questions in public and closed sessions
- To advise Assembly Committees on subject specific aspects of forward work programmes and inquiries that focus and assist scrutiny, including input to establishing terms of reference, identifying key issues and research requirements.
- Prepare joint papers with colleagues in other Parliaments and assisting colleagues in other Parliaments with queries for MPs & TDs etc.
To apply today contact Ethan Boylan in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''