Research and Information Officer - Health Intelligence
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Research and Information Officer to support a large public sector client in their upcoming research projects.
The role will initially run for 6 months, with a high chance of extension and progression routes for the right candidate.
Full time, 37.5 hours a week Mon - Fri.
Band 6 (£32k) with holiday pay + pension & benefits
The Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in a social or related sciences with a significant research component or an equivalent research related qualification.
- Two years experience working as a research assistant/information officer in a health and/or social research environment.
- At least five years experience of working as research assistant/information officer in a health and/or social research environment.
- Hold a full driving license
- Demonstrate practical experience of statistical analysis and data management which must include experience of one of the main statistical packages.
- Have knowledge/experience of qualitative research methodologies and practice.
- Have experience of literature searching including the use of electric bibliographic databases and literature reviewing.
- Have ability to critically appraise relevant research and identify implications for planning.
- Have good organisational communications skills including ability to produce and present high quality papers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of current health issues and the role of research and information in relation to these.
- Have knowledge or experience of evaluation methodology.
- Have knowledge or experience of research and information relating to:
- Early years and/or Family Nurse Partnership.
- To support a programme of research and evaluation that will facilitate the effective operation of the client.
- To assist in commissioning and managing external research and evaluation and to conduct in-house research and evaluation which will involve assisting in or carrying out:
- The design of research and/or evaluation frameworks;
- The preparation of briefs;
- The design of research/survey and qualitative instruments;
- The analysis of large-scale data sets (eg lifestyle surveys);
- Qualitative research, including analyses;
- Report writing and presentations.
- To provide information to assist the client's staff in the commissioning and managing of external projects. This will include preparing briefs for tender,liaising with consultants, participating in working groups and reviewing draft reports.
- To support the research and evaluation function of the client through the provision of information - this will include literature searching and reviewing.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other scientific or data roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aoife O'Kennedy in the strictest confidence.
028 90 330 250