- Job Reference: RAQS030323
- Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Specialist Contractor)
- Salary: £Competitive DOE + package
- Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to work for a specialist contractor, based in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.
£Competitive DOE + package
Our client is a leading specialist contractor with a turnover of circa £100m+. They have been operating for approximately 50 years' and have an excellent reputation within the industry. As a result they are consistently securing more work and have a number of long standing client relationships.
Business is booming and they have a solid order book for the next couple of years. They have a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join the business on a permanent basis.
Overview of The Role:
TheQuantity Surveyor will play a key role in the contracts division and be responsible for assisting in the achievement of agreed services as well as the accurate preparation of costing and accounts, commercial management of projects including contract terms, negotiation, subcontractor procurement, payment applications, cash collection, agreement of variations and final accounts, budget monitoring and forecasting and reporting on profit and loss status.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualifications
- Experience dealing commercially with both sub-contractors and clients
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and take appropriate professional action when dealing with potential difficulties
- Experience of reviewing contracts is desirable
- Ability to successfully meet monthly debt targets
- Familiar with JCT and NEC Contracts is ideal but not essential
- IT Literate
- Must be a highly motivated individual
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion