- Job Reference: JSCMQS230622
- Job Title: Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £35k to £40k DOE
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Are you a qualified Quantity Surveyor with experience in Cost Management? Interested in a role within one of the UK's best renowned specialist consultancies?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager to join our client's Infrastructure division.
Remote/Hybrid working arrangements can be discussed.
c£35,000 to £40,000 dependant upon experience.
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Rail, Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Renewables, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
Following years of continued success and growth, they present exciting opportunity for a qualified Quantity Surveyor to assist the Cost Management Team in leading a multi-million pound infrastructure contract; reporting to the client to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained on projects to which the job holder is assigned.
- To provide support to the Cost Management Team undertaking cost management of multi-million post contract works including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best practice solutions.
- To undertake cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management. To provide project cost control through cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- To regularly update Senior Management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making.
- Work standard to meet and follow the quality standards expected, ensuring personnel and staff comply with all procedures.
- Processing of interim monthly valuation assessments and payment certificates for projects.
The Ideal Person
- Third level qualification in related discipline
- 3+ Years relevant industry experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Chartership or progress towards Chartership would be an advantage
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.