Quantity Surveyor (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor (Public Sector) role? Interested in working for a Public Sector organisation?
VANRATH are assisting a major Public Sector organisation with the recruitment of a Quantity Surveyor in Belfast. The role will initially run for around 6 months, with this highly likely to be extended, this proves to be a great opportunity.
£16.12 per hour + Fantastic Public Sector Benefits
- The provision of a full range of quantity surveying services, including the preparation of contract documentation;
- Assisting in the evaluation of tenders and quotations; and
- The development of interim valuations, costing variations and final accounts and the coordination and monitoring of budget estimates.
- To plan, deploy and manage all allocated resources in such a way as to secure optimal performance and the achievement of the unit's financial and operational targets.
- To represent the Property Officer (Quantity Surveying) as required within the post-holder's sphere of responsibility.
- To liaise, co-ordinate with, and assist in the management of any external consultants, as directed by the Property Officer (Quantity Surveying).
- To assist in the development and monitoring of planned and reactive maintenance programmes of all types at all council locations including the monitoring of associated budgets.
- To develop bills of quantities, to deploy appropriate schedules of rates to secure value for money and to measure work on-site in all areas of the city as required.
The Ideal Person
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience within the building industry. This must include one year's relevant experience in at least three of the following five areas:
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience within the building industry. This must include two years' relevant experience in at least three of the following five areas:
- Preparation of bills of quantities and schedules of materials, labour and services;
- Preparation of budget and cost plans;
- Preparation and valuation of progress and final payments for contractors and clients;
- Preparation of tender and contract documents; and/or
- Analysis and evaluation of tenders and quotations.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.