Quantity Surveyor (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for one of N.I. largest Public Sector organisations?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to provide cost and contract management services to support construction project planning and delivery including preparation of tender documentation, cost / value management, contract management and performance measurement.
c£38,000, alongside holiday entitlement and pension (from day one).
Our client is one of the largest Public Sector organisations in NI.
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a construction contract environment
- Experience in construction contract management and administration
- Experience in measurement and valuation of construction works
- Minimum of a Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant Construction related subject
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a construction contract environment
- Experience in preparing tender / contract documents
- Possess Professional Chartership or be willing to obtain within a defined period
- Support development of management systems and procedures to provide assurance on project cost planning, estimation, assessment and certification.
- Prepare monthly reports to monitor performance against project and contract budgets and spends.
- Undertake sufficient checking and auditing to provide assurance to the Commercial Manager with respect to compliance with agreed cost and contract management systems and procedures.
- Support Project Managers with cost and contract management and attend regular contract planning and management meetings.
- Undertake contract reviews to identify efficiency opportunities, value for money solution, risk contingencies and lessons learned.
- Develop database of cost information to support future contracting strategies.
- Prepare cost and contract information for monthly KPI report and collate data for development of cost database.
- Prepare tender and contract documents. Including Contract Data, Scope and pricing Documents and check same for documents prepared by others.
- Provide contract and management advice to Project Managers within the Division including supporting dispute resolution.
- Other cost and contract management duties as required by the Commercial Manager.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisations equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.