- Job Reference: RAQS301023
- Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Fitout)
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 DOE + excellent benefits package
- Location: Toomebridge, Antrim
Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for an award-winning fit-out company?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to work for an award-winning Main Contractor that specialise in high end fitout, based in Toomebridge, Antrim.
c£50,000 to £60,000 DOE + excellent benefits package
Our client is an award-winning Main Contractor that specialise in high end hotel and residential fitout projects. They work collaboratively with their clients to ensure efficient project delivery and minimum disruptions to operations.
They have a flexible and innovative can-do approach which allows them to continually exceed client expectations and this has led to an enviable portfolio of repeat business.
Working within a strong commercial team, this is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to learn, develop and progress their career and work on some outstanding projects.
The Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the Operational team and will be responsible for the full range of pre to post contract services to maximise commercial success and profitability.
- Take off quantities for tendering purposes and assist in tender preparations
- Appointment of subcontractors and labour only subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions
- Prepare and manage material procurement
- Oversee measures and report variances
- Prepare and settle interim claims
- Prepare supporting documentation for the client and their consultants
- Produce bill of quantities
- Identify, measure, and agree variations
- Cost investigations
- Prepare and submit weekly financial report to client and client QS
- Monthly cost/value reconciliations
- Monitor cash collection
- Manage several projects at different stages at any one time
- Provide accounts department with monthly cost/valuation information for costing purposes and quarterly for management accounts within the required time scales
- Advice to management on contractual matters
- Measurement and agreement of Project Final Accounts
- Ensure records and paperwork are accurate and up to date
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Relevant experience in a similar position within the fit out / refurbishment sectors
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) to build relationships with colleagues, customers, and other stakeholders
- Strong Commercial Awareness and negotiation skills
- Experience in managing and dealing with contractual issues on standard forms of contract i.e. JCT form of Contract
- Strong knowledge of contract documents, construction practices and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in a team environment
- A proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations and duties
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion