- Job Reference: RAQS230124
- Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Facades Contractor)
- Salary: £Negotiable DOE + benefits
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a leading provider of architectural facade glazing systems within the UK construction industry?
VANRATH are recruiting an Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading façade contractor, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
£Negotiable DOE + benefits
Our client is a leading provider of architectural facade glazing systems within the UK construction industry. They provide professional services to many of the market leading Main Contractors in the industry.
Their highly dedicated team have extensive knowledge relating to all areas of architectural facades; from Bolted glass, curtain walling, windows, Unitised and fully bespoke solutions, Aluminium, Steel & Fire rated, they have successfully completed hundreds of facades.
The business have a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to support their growing commercial team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a healthy order portfolio together with a sustainable growth plan in place. This exciting opportunity will enable the successful person to learn from internal experts and attend various training courses to further expand their skills.
- Take off quantities for tendering / cost plan purposes, budget control and pre-agreement of accounts
- Assist Commercial Bid Team in tender preparations
- Identify MOM errors / inconsistencies / opportunities / alternatives and risks
- Assist Estimating department and other pre-contract duties as required from time to time.
- The appointment of Subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions
- Manage subcontractor accounts including measured works, variations, contractor-charging and giving the required notices when applicable (payless, defects etc.)
- Maintain accurate records to assist in preparation of valuations, cost value reconciliation sheets, additional works and alleged defects or issues
- Undertaking cost investigations as required
- Measurement of completed works and maintain an accurate record of same
- Identification and measurement of variations
- Identification of added value opportunities within measurement and contract conditions
- Preparation and submission of contractual correspondence / notices in accordance with the prescribed conditions of contract
- Correspondences and notices to be submitted under the prescribed company pro-forma documents
- Maintain a record of all additional work and ensure adequate records are maintained to ensure full commercial recovery is achieved in line with the relevant Contract Conditions
- Monitoring of monthly cash flow in comparison to budgeted cash flow
- Measurement of Project Interim and Final Accounts
- Attend and give financial reports at internal meetings
- Provide Team Leader with monthly cost/valuation (CVR) information for costing purposes within the specified time scales.
- Carryout weekly / biweekly labour CVR. Based on outputs achieved against budget and cost.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree / HND Qualified in a Construction related course
- At least 2 years' relevant experience
- Working experience of cost capture and the ability to identify issues at an early stage
- Knowledge of labour, plant and material resources including rates and outputs
- Working experience in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications together with producing take-offs / BOQ's
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in compliance with relevant conditions of contract, tendering requirements and company policy
- Ability to take ownership of the role responsibilities and a willingness to grow within the commercial team and company
- Sound commercial skills and awareness
- Experienced working within the Facades sector is advantageous
- Excellent numerical and literacy skills
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft library (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent level of attention to details and organisational skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250