- Job Reference: RAQS160522
- Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Interior Fit Out)
- Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a leading interior fit-out contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to work on various commercial fit out projects in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£55,000 to £60,000 + package
Our client is a leading interior fit-out contractor based in Greater Belfast, Northern Ireland. They specialise in high quality commercial interior fit-out projects covering retail, hospitality, business, sport and healthcare.
Business is very busy and the company are consistently winning more work. Due to an increase in workload they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis, based in their Belfast offices.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing all costs relating to the project, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will also be responsible for minimising the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. You will keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability. You will work autonomously using your fit out/construction knowledge to problem solve and make decisions on a daily basis. Travel to site is occasionally required.
- Preparation and analysis of budgets
- Procurement of the supply chain and preparation of order documentation in accordance with company management systems
- Assessment and certification of Sub-Contractor interim payments ensuring the appropriate notices are issued
- Preparation of Interim valuations and final account submissions
- Managing and valuing variation accounts
- Identification and management of commercial risks
- Produce monthly cost value reconciliation reports
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relevant qualifications
- Experience working on commercial fit out projects for a reputable Main Contractor
- Strong commercial skills and awareness
- Good knowledge of construction contracts particularly JCT & NEC Form
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion