VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Quantity Surveyor for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension.
- Prepare or assist in the development of specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and schedule of rates to enable the invitation of tenders and quotations. Work in conjunction with the NIHE's procurement team for the delivery of pilot schemes and to ensure that suitable contracts are in place for the delivery of the Region's Programme. Additionally, suitable knowledge of appropriate quantity surveying software packages is required.
- Provide support on the correct interpretation of contract terms and conditions, ensuring that NIHE's commercial risk is effectively managed, payments made reflect NIHE's obligations under the contract, advising on contract strategies required to reduce risk and improve performance.
- Ensure the affordable delivery of the investment programme, the effective management and monitoring of budgets in respect of your function including undertaking regular benchmark reviews, forecasting, cash-flow projections and monitoring.
- Receive tenders and quotations, evaluate prices, check documents and prepare agreements and contracts. Effectively administer NIHE's contracts to ensure that they deliver maximum value for money ensuring risk to NIHE is minimised, and a collaborative approach to delivery is established with NIHE's Contractors.
- Assist with the regular dialogue between contractors and consultants to ensure effective progress of work. Raise appropriate certificates and instructions for issue to contractor/consultant.
- Authorise works instructions within designated approval levels ensuring correct cost centre allocation, priority and appropriateness of works description, including the approval of variations in time and cost where necessary. Authorise invoices for payment.
A degree or equivalent Level 6* qualification in a Building/Construction related discipline plus 1 years' relevant experience working within a Building /Construction function
BTEC Higher or equivalent Level 5* qualification in a Building/Construction related discipline plus 2 years' relevant experience working within a Building /Construction function
£30,152 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Glenn Roberts in the strictest confidence.