An exclusive opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for the commercial delivery and contractual management of Social Housing Maintenance Contracts, including remeasurement and valuation of works ensuring that commercial and contractual targets are achieved at all times. The role will be required to commercially manage a profile of work and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
The Ideal Person
- BSC (Hons), HND, BTEC or similar in Construction related field
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of M3, PSA or similar Schedule of Rates
- Experience of MTC contracts or detailed measurement
- Commercially and operationally aware on delivery of works
- Experience of NEC suite of contracts
- Experience of social housing contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of sub-contractor management
- Operational and commercial management of whole projects.
- Setting budgets and agreeing specification for works pre-start and closely monitoring throughout to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Provide contractual and cost advise to operational staff.
- Procurement and cost management of Subcontractor packages.
- Preparation, costing and submission of Early Warning and Compensation Event Notifications in line with NEC contract requirements.
- Ensure accurate records of works are recorded and maintained, that are accurate and auditable and available for submission in a timely manner.
- Surveys and remeasurement of works.
- Quality audit of works from site records to ensure works have been completed to client instructions and contract specifications.
- Preparation and submission of job costs in line with the contract Schedule of Rates.
- Preparation and presentation of Working in Progress and Cost Value Reconciliation reports.
- Work in accordance with strict client KPI's particularly Time, Cost and Quality.
- Build strong client and supply chain relationships by working in a collaborative manner ensuring repeat business and service.
- Estimating and preparation of tenders.
- Comply with all health and safety rules and protocols to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Undertake training and attend meetings as required by your manager and for the proper performance of your duties.
- Provide support and mentoring manage junior staff by planning and resourcing the staff for each project, ensure training and support is in place for the team and ensure that due diligence is carried out on team outputs.
- As and when required provide support across Company departments.
An above market rate with a progression opportunities in the first 18 months!
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…