Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a background in Civil Engineering? Looking for increased career opportunities with one of the UK's largest consultancies?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join our client's Infrastructure division and assist the Cost Management Team in leading a number of multi-million pound project reporting.
Remote/Hybrid working arrangements can be discussed.
c£40,000 to £42,000 negotiable
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Renewables, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
They are looking for someone to become part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking cost duties as appropriate for feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage cost management.
- to provide support to the Cost Management Team undertaking cost management of multi-million post contract works including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best practice solutions.
- to undertake cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management. To provide project cost control through cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- to regularly update Senior Management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making.
- work standard to meet and follow the quality standards expected, ensuring personnel and staff comply with all procedures.
- processing of interim monthly valuation assessments and payment certificates for projects.
The Ideal Person
- Degree qualified in appropriate field
- Minimum 3 years experience in construction industry
- good knowledge of NEC3 Forms of Contract
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
Chartership will be considered a significant advantage. If the successful candidate would be interesting in pursuing Chartered status, our client will support and assist with the process.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.