Are you looking for a new role as a Quantity Surveyor? Interested in working for one of Ireland's leading Facility Management companies? Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor who will be working on social housing maintenance contacts.
£35,000 - £45,000+ Benefits DOE
- Operational and commercial management of whole projects.
- Setting budgets and agreeing specification for works pre-start and closely monitoring throughout to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Provide contractual and cost advise to operational staff.
- Procurement and cost management of Subcontractor packages.
- Preparation, costing and submission of Early Warning and Compensation Event Notifications in line with NEC contract requirements.
- Ensure accurate records of works are recorded and maintained, that are accurate and auditable and available for submission in a timely manner.
- Surveys and remeasurement of works.
- Quality audit of works from site records to ensure works have been completed to client instructions and contract specifications.
- Preparation and submission of job costs in line with the contract Schedule of Rates.
- Preparation and presentation of Working in Progress and Cost Value Reconciliation reports.
- Work in accordance with strict client KPI's particularly Time, Cost and Quality.
- Build strong client and supply chain relationships by working in a collaborative manner ensuring repeat business and service.
- Estimating and preparation of tenders.
- Comply with all health and safety rules and protocols to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Undertake training and attend meetings as required by your manager and for the proper performance of your duties.
- Provide support and mentoring manage junior staff by planning and resourcing the staff for each project, ensure training and support is in place for the team and ensure that due diligence is carried out on team outputs.
- As and when required provide support across Company departments.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience dealing commercially with both sub-contractors and clients
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to maintain positive relationships and take appropriate professional action when dealing with potential difficulties.
- Experience of reviewing contracts is desirable
- Ability to successfully meet monthly debt targets
- IT Literate
- Must be a highly motivated individual
- Budgetary & Financial/commercial management Skills
- Planning, Prioritising & Organising Skills
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self assertion and Personal impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving ability
- Maintaining and delivering excellent Customer Service Standards
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Daniel Peacock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…