Are you looking for a Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for a local organization of trusted professionals offering multi-disciplined Building Services.
VANRATH are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor) to to join our growing team at our Head Office, based in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants to develop their career by joining this exciting and progressive business.
c£35,000, alongside excellent holiday entitlement.
The Ideal Person
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Working toward or qualified with RICS, CIOB or ICES
- 3 years post qualification experience in a surveying role, preferably within a building construction environment.
- Exceptional IT literacy including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as cost value reporting procedures
- Experience in the JCT form of contract administration from a client and Sub-Contractor perspective
- Commercial awareness and astute sense of commercial risks posed
- 5 years post qualification experience in a surveying role, preferably within a building construction environment.
- Tenancity - Ability to stay with a problem or line of thought until the matter is settled or the objective is no longer reasonably obtainable; perseverance.
- Ownership - Takes on responsibility for delivery of work tasks/ projects. Takes pride in achievement.
- Decisiveness - Readiness to evaluate alternatives, make decisions and judgements, and to take action.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to draw sound inferences from facts, recognise assumptions, discriminate between strong and weak arguments, reason logically, become aware of advantages and disadvantages of proposed action.
- Detail Handling - Tolerance for and ability to handle the details for the paperwork associated with the job.
- Initiative - Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting; sees opportunities and acts on them. Originates action or ideas.
- Proven Record - Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Planned and organised - Establish an efficient course of action for self and for others that will allow attainment of deadlines and goals. Establish sense of urgency.
- The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of mechanical and electrical projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed Time Frames
- Report to Commercial Manager & Managing Director.
- Review and approve contracts ahead of signing - highlighting any potential issues, assumptions, and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.