It's an exciting time to join our client as they implement their 5-year growth plan and as such, are hiring Quality Inspectors.
The Quality Inspectors (NPI) will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with the product NPI life cycle and product design and development.
£25,000 - £30,000 + benefits DOE
- Perks discount
- 33 days annual leave
- Gym membership
- £5,000 employee referral bonus
- Life assurance
- Unite the Union member
- Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee Recognition scheme
- Perform independent product verification checks to ensure parts, assemblies and finished products conform to drawings and design specifications.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct visual, cosmetic, dimensional, mechanical, and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Follow all health & safety procedures and report accidents and near misses.
- Provide direct feedback to the area's Quality Assurance Engineer, Lead, Technical Lead and Operators after each formal inspection.
- Participate in Material Review Boards and authorise or reject proposed product dispositions (Use As-Is, Rework, Scrap and Return to Vendor).
- Offer recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
- Where necessary conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
- Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspection.
- Ensure all snags are entered into the appropriate snag workbooks for later analysis.
- To ensure seats are weighed, dimensionally verified and electrically tested.
- Participate in start of shift meetings to ensure clear understanding of planned activities and targets.
- Conduct daily product audits using the product audit checklist.
- Ensure inspection areas are always clean, tidy and FOD free.
- Report any/all unapproved rework to Quality Assurance Engineer and Assembly/Manufacturing Manager.
- Inspect kitted parts supplied to line to ensure they are fit for use.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure there is a valid reason for any left-over parts after the completion of a build stage.
- Validate conformity of any surplus parts for return to stores.
- Ensure all paperwork for product is correctly controlled during build and inspection.
- Ensure all paperwork is correctly completed and scanned onto the system.
- Ensure complete handover to counterpart on next shift.
The Ideal Person
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Level, with Grade C or above in Maths and English and/ or a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- 1 years' previous experience in a Quality role/ Quality environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and functionalities within Excel.
- Working knowledge of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- 1 years' experience working in a Manufacturing/Production/ Operations environment.
- 1 years' experience working as a Quality Inspector.
- P145 qualified or working towards this qualification.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Daniel Peacock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more...