- Job Reference: RAQB151122
- Job Title: Quality & BCAR Inspector (Construction)
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland / Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Quality & BCAR Inspector
Are you looking for a Quality & BCAR Inspector role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Quality & BCAR Inspector to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£40,000 to £45,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Business is very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. Due to this continued success, they have a great opportunity for a Quality & BCAR Inspector to join them on a permanent basis.
Projects are located near Dublin and this role requires regular travel to site, so the successful person will need to be able to commute down towards Dublin consistently.
Overview of Role:
- The focus of this role is to develop and maintain project documentation as required to comply with the Quality Management Framework, to ensure the quality requirements and workmanship
- Monitoring and ensuring that standards are met on all areas of construction on site during and post construction and will carry out Quality inspections as required
- Work with Divisional Management in the development and maintenance of Quality policies, procedures, documentation, and audits
- Prepare quality documentation to support the Quality Management framework where required
- Assessing project requirements and ensuring there is a system in place to meet them
- Prepare quality reports as required and communicate formally on quality management
- Ensuring QA/QC documents are outlined and maintained for each project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site audits.
- Instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents
- Preparation of QA/QC documentation to support handover of projects to client including Operate and Maintenance, and BCAR
- Implement and maintain the programmes in place for inspection and checking of all quality related procedures
- Maintain monitoring system to ensure all project activities are as per approved standard operating procedures and inspection and test plan
- Maintain Non-conformance register and be responsible for ensuring the closure of Non-conformances raised
The Ideal Person:
- A Qualification or equivalent in any Construction subject OR at least 2 years' experience managing construction works onsite
- Previous knowledge of QA/QC procedures preferable
- Proven track record with strong client relationship management skills
- Skills & Competencies with regards to technical documents and details
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Excellent communication skills required
- Commercial awareness
- Planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under clear direction
- Ability to commute and work near Dublin on a daily basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion