Project Support Officer - Local Authority
VANRATH are excited to be working closely to support with the role of a Project Support Officer for a well established client within the local authority. This is initially a 6month assignment, which has scope for extension for the right candidate!
The post holder will report to the Programme Manager and be responsible for the coordination, management and implementation of any allocated strategic corporate projects and programme(s) of work:
- Support with the effective delivery of the portfolio of programmes/projects and and their associated desired outcomes.
- Support with the implementation and sharing of good practice in relation to programme and project management procedures, tools and techniques.
- To attend internal and external meetings and working groups, relevant to the role, contributing to the meetings and bring back key actions and points for discussion.
- To liaise with personnel and management, internal and external stake holders, consultants and contractors as necessary.
- Hold or working towards a Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification.
- Demonstrate experience with projects.
- Demonstrate evidence of assessing risk and problem solving whilst delivering objectives within challenging timescales.
- A working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector Project Manager, PMO or BA jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Glenn Roberts.