Project Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a Fit Out and Asset Management company operating throughout the UK and Ireland. Their mission is to provide Construction, Fit Out and Asset Management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
£37,500 - £45,000+ Benefits DOE
The Ideal Person
- Have significant relevant Quantity Surveying experience approx. 3 years.
- Possess either a Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or demonstrate significant and high level of experience obtained working in a comparable role.
- Strong track record in managing and dealing with contractual issues on standard forms of contract such as JCT and NEC.
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge and experience required to complete projects under budget taking into consideration difficult time constraints.
- Have an extensive knowledge of construction practices that can be used on site to analyse the design and propose potential cost saving measures.
- Keeping up to date with pricing matrices and inflationary impacts.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Information Technology in general.
- Good commercial acumen to develop further opportunities.
- Experience in the retail sector would be beneficial.
- Budgetary & Financial/commercial management Skills.
- Planning, Prioritising & Organising Skills.
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self assertion and Personal impact.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving ability.
- Maintaining and delivering excellent Customer Service Standards.
- Take off quantities for tendering / cost plan purposes.
- On Site pre measurements.
- Provide support to our Bid Team in tender preparations.
- Estimating duties and other pre-contract surveying duties as required from time to time.
- Liaise with client and provide value engineering opportunities.
- Procurement and appointment of Subcontractors on designated subcontract conditions.
- Preparation and agreement of valuations.
- Undertake cost investigations as required.
- Measurement and agreement of subcontract accounts.
- Identification, measurement and agreement of variations.
- Identification of added value opportunities within measurement and contract conditions.
- Preparation and updating of project cash flow models.
- Measurement and agreement of Project Final Accounts.
- Attend and give financial reports at site meetings & Prepare subcontractor payments accurately in accordance with CIS requirements and VAT procedures.
- Submission of monthly cost/valuation (CVR) information.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time depending on the needs of the business.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Daniel Peacock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…