Project Officer - Local Authority - (Circa. £25,000)
VANRATH are excited to be working closely to support with the role of a Project Support Officer for a well established client within the local authority. This is initially a 6month assignment, which has scope for extension for the right candidate!
The post holder will report to the Programme Manager and be responsible for the coordination, management and implementation of any allocated strategic corporate projects and programme(s) of work:
- Support with the effective delivery of the portfolio of programmes/projects and and their associated desired outcomes.
- Support with the implementation and sharing of good practice in relation to programme and project management procedures, tools and techniques.
- To attend internal and external meetings and working groups, relevant to the role, contributing to the meetings and bring back key actions and points for discussion.
- To liaise with personnel and management, internal and external stake holders, consultants and contractors as necessary.
- Hold or working towards a Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification.
- Demonstrate experience with projects.
- Demonstrate evidence of assessing risk and problem solving whilst delivering objectives within challenging timescales.
- A working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project.
Circa £25,000. plus pension, holiday pay and discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…