Project Manager (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Project Manager (Public Sector) role? Interested in working for an organisation renowned for delivering Project Management Services and Procurement Expertise on Water & Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects?
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Manager (Public Sector) to join our Building team delivering a variety of exciting projects. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team you will coordinate feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage project management.
c£45,000, alongside excellent holiday entitlement.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in a construction related subject, ideally Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years' experience on capital infrastructure projects utilising the NEC suite of contracts.
- Experienced at managing NEC Contracts
- Experience as a Project Manager on at least one project in excess of £10 million OR multiple projects in excess of £5 million.
- 5 years' experience
- Rail experience
- Chartered status in relevant discipline
AND / OR
- Project Management qualification (APM PMQ, PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- 5 years project delivery experience
- Define project requirements and scope and prepare Project Brief
- Develop and maintain Project Execution Plan
- Liaise with statutory authorities and ensure consent approvals
- Manage design development process and technical approvals
- Support development of project Business Case (Economic Appraisal)
- Develop project budget costs and contingency (risk allowance) and manage through project life cycle.
- Develop project schedule and critical path
- Develop procurement and contracts strategy for all suppliers and contractors and manage the procurement process
- Plan and manage the contracts in accordance with Company procedures
- Develop and maintain project Risk Register and Issues Log
- Maintain Lessons Learned Log
- Manage Change Control
- Prepare monthly projects progress reports on cost, quality, schedule, health and safety, risk etc.
- Make presentations on a monthly basis to a Project Board
- Carry out Site Inspections to assure compliance with progress, quality, safety and environmental requirements
- Participate in Gateway Reviews and Post Project Evaluations
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.