Project Manager (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Project Manager for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Newtownards site.
You will assist the Senior Project Manager to manage onsite and co-ordinate Major Adaptations delivery which will include:
- Preparation of NEC contract documents;
- Leading on project management of major adaptations construction within agreed timeframes, quality and budget targets;
- Brief consultants and contractors, negotiate appointments and ensure that the Major Adaptation is delivered on time and within budget;
- Carrying out feasibilities and option appraisals and maintaining systems to monitor project costs;
- Assessing risks and progressing projects swiftly and systematically to overcome risks;
- Provide regular progress reports on the performance of projects to the Senior Project Manager.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Building / Construction / Technical Discipline plus 2 years' relevant experience,
- Possess a relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or qualification of an equivalent academic level plus 3 years' relevant experience in Building / Construction / Technical Discipline.
You should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in the following:
- Responsibility for designated budgets and ensuring proper financial controls are in place and that staff comply accordingly with planned delivery contracts;
- Producing, recording and monitoring performance reports to ensure Key Performance Indicators are achieved; Working knowledge of NEC 3 Suite of Contracts;
- Ensure that projects are properly managed and delivered in accordance with the Contract, agreed targets, standards and procedures.
c£30,152 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.