- Job Reference: RAPM140323
- Job Title: Project Manager (New Build Construction)
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland / Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Are you looking for a Project Manager role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Manager to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£60,000 to £70,000 + package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Business is very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. Due to this continued success, they have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Most of their work is in Republic of Ireland so this opportunity will suit someone based near Newry, NI or Dublin, ROI.
- Be accountable for the safe delivery of allocated projects, to the client's specification, ensuring that project objectives, agreed timescales, and budgets are delivered. The Project Manager will apply the project management processes set out by the client throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and deliver the project, on time, to budget, and quality
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the project
- Support the Contracts Manager and Commercial lead to ensure that it is accurately cost forecasted
- Manage and monitor resources to ensure they are available across disciplines to deliver the project
- Work with the client and key stakeholders to establish effective collaborative relationships, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement, and management of change
- Provide accurate project performance data to senior managers and company directors on a periodic basis
- Ensure proactive risk management is adhered to ensuring periodic review and action with the project team
- Manage client reporting as required including periodic project reports, programme updates, KPI data, performance, and other requirements as specified
- Manage the project EHS requirements including RAMS
- Conduct lessons learnt and disseminate to the wider organisation to ensure feedback is incorporated into new works
- Proactively identify and follow up on opportunities to develop new business
- Detailed understanding of CDM regulations (2015) and assessment of requirements as applicable to the project where applicable
- Always comply to the requirements of the client's HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Actively support & encourage the client's HSQE principles across projects
- Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues
- Manage the delivery of the considerate constructor's scheme requirements
- Periodically audit site management systems to ensure compliance with company requirements
- Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement
The Ideal Person:
- 5 years plus experience in the management of large-scale construction projects and multi-disciplinary construction teams
- Sound knowledge of construction delivery within specialised industrial sectors including commercial, industrial, multi-room/residential etc.
- Previous experience in promoting and ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety on large-scale construction projects
- Ability to commute to / work in Dublin on a daily basis
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion