Project Manager (M&E)-
Are you looking for a Project Manager (M&E) role? Interested in working for one of N.I. largest Public Sector organisations?
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Manager (M&E) ideally from a Rail and/or Civil Engineering background to be responsible for successfully managing multiple concurrent projects within agreed budget, programme, quality and safety parameters. This Project Manager will also contribute to tendering and development of track led rail projects, and will provide engineering support to delivery teams.
This full-time role is a Fixed Term Contract - End Jan 2023 (with possibility of extension).
c£40,000, alongside holiday entitlement and pension (from day one).
Our client is one of the largest Public Sector organisations in NI.
The Ideal Person
- Proven demonstrable experience in a project management role of multidisciplinary Rail and / or Civil Engineering projects.
- Technical knowledge which will allow the management and co-ordination of several engineering disciplines simultaneously.
- Project planning experience , Prince 2 or APM trained
- Conversant with NEC 3 / 4 contracts.
- Knowledge of Track Renewal processes would be an advantage and associated safety matters
- Qualification in an Engineering Discipline
- Co-ordination, planning and day-to-day management of direct reports and the project team and associated sub-contractors to ensure successful completion of a project.
- Ensure close control of the financial performance of individual projects and take appropriate action if any variance is identified.
- Ensure all necessary resources i.e. labour, plant and materials are procured through the Roster Manager to enable programmed completion of a project.
- Ensure methodologies, resource requirements and estimates / plans are prepared to ensure safe and cost effective delivery of the works.
- Periodically review and report on the financial and physical progress of projects and implement or recommend remedial action as necessary.
- Develop and maintain an interface with clients at project level to ensure an on-going focus on the clients' requirements.
- Implement procedures to, firstly, address the implications of safety legislation during the planning of a project and, secondly, monitor working practices during the project and confirm safe working practices are adhered to.
- Implement all Company policies and quality procedures to ensure the maintenance of standards and controls.Assist in the preparation of resource estimates and specifications, as required.
- Ensure all documentation relevant to the project is completed on time and to required standards e.g. method statements, Health and Safety plans, client reports etc.
- Undertake tendering and estimating activities duties to secure future workload.
- Prepare engineering specifications as required for multidiscipline projects and undertake design interface duties as required throughout the project lifecycle.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.