Project Manager- Electrical (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for a Project Manager- Electrical for 12 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Lurgan site.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering an efficient, high quality, coordinated, cost effective, planned and responsive maintenance service for specified facilities. They will also be responsible for the commissioning of engineering services projects, project management of minor and capital works and operational responsibility for all engineering services and engineering staff.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil a requirement to:
- Ensuring that the commissioning of all engineering services are executed as per agreed protocols and in accordance with all Statutory Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Guidance, Health Technical Memoranda and Building Notes etc.
- Assisting the Deputy Head of Operations in reviewing and updating engineering services, operational policies and systems as required.
- Provision of an effective maintenance service and works contract management services for specified facilities.
- Managerial responsibility for the control of all engineering staff in his/her team.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing all planned preventative maintenance programmes on plant and equipment within his/her area of responsibility.
- Assisting the Deputy Head of Operations in implementing and maintaining an effective asset register.
- Assisting the Deputy Head of Operations to set up, monitor and maintain quality standards and performance. Acting as direct liaison person with department and ward staff.
- Fulfilling the role and responsibilities of an Authorised Person for Medical Gas Pipeline Systems as defined in HTM02.
- Fulfilling the role and responsibilities of an Authorised Person for High and Low Voltage Electrical Systems as defined in HTM06
- Fulfilling the role and responsibilities of a Competent Person (Legionella) as defined in HTM04 and AcoP(L8).
- University Degree in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- 3 years experience in the management of Engineering Services Projects/Facilities
- HNC in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Plus 5 years experience in the management of Engineering Services and engineering staff.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
c£40,659 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''