- Job Reference: RAPM060423
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Salary: £Competitive DOE + package
- Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Manager to work for a specialist contractor, based in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland.
£Competitive DOE + package
Our client is a leading specialist contractor with a turnover of circa £100m+. They have been operating for approximately 50 years' and have a great reputation within the industry. As a result they are consistently securing more work and have a number of long standing client relationships.
Business is very busy and they have a strong order book for the next couple of years. They have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to join the business on a permanent basis, ultimately responsible for all site operations during the installation of specialist precast panels and concrete flooring, bringing the contract to completion.
Overview of The Role:
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering the site programme and budget, ensuring all works are completed on time and to budget.
The Project Manager will additionally manage the site resources and skill requirements against the complexity of the project and provide adequate visibility on site performance, allowing for measured and controlled company decisions to be made.
The role is based in Head Office but will require travel to site occasionally when required.
- Managing a sizable construction project through design, planning, production and site
- Attend client meetings as required and build strong working relationships to provide opportunities for future work
- Work with the team to develop the programme of works for our larger projects and a clear strategy for delivering the projects and making it happen
- Ensure adequate quality standards and health & safety standards are achieved
- Monitor site progress daily/weekly against programme and budget and take corrective action when necessary
- Provide sufficient financial forecasts for regional contracts on a monthly basis
- Schedule projects in logical steps within the designated time to meet deadlines
- Strong technical background with the ability to contribute to the design and development of projects
- Inspect and review projects to ensure compliance with safety, program and costs
- Prepare and review safety documentation including crane plans to ensure F10 compliance
- Provide ongoing help, guidance and development to an existing contracts teams.
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management experience
- Previous project management experience of building precast structures and / or flooring
- Sound knowledge of the buildability of specialist precast projects
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Have a technical understanding of construction and the ability to read AutoCAD drawings
- Experience of Microsoft Project and be competent in the use of excel
- CSCS Managers card, SMSTS and Appointed persons qualification
- Good knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts with design element clauses
- Happy to travel and stay a way a couple of days per week when required
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion