- Job Reference: RAPD300622
- Job Title: Project Director (High End Commercial Fit Out)
- Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 + package
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland / London, England
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Director to work on a high end commercial fit out project in London, for an award winning Northern Irish Contractor.
c£100,000 - £120,000 + package
Our client is a leading, award winning commercial fit-out contractor based in Greater Belfast, Northern Ireland. They specialise in high quality commercial fit-out projects covering retail, hospitality, business, sport and healthcare.
The company are going through a period of significant growth have a lot of work in London at the moment, including a £60m hospitality fit-out project within a London based football stadium.
The Project Director will be joint lead in leading, managing and supporting the delivery team whilst building strong relationships with the Client and other external representatives gaining and building trust and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
Responsible for the entire supply chain, the Project Director will need to be commercially strong in order to deliver the project on time and in budget with a close eye on cost savings and value engineering. Providing leadership, motivating the team to achieve goals and project milestones, the PD will work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
With extensive project and program management principals, methods and techniques, the PD will define success criteria and disseminate these to all relevant parties throughout the project lifecycle. Understanding the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs, the PD will provide status reports regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues communicating effectively with all parties.
The PD will be a proven leader with demonstrable high end project experience, having coached, mentored, motivated and managed a project and program team. The PD will be driven and accountable, experienced at presenting to clients and stakeholders, thrive in a dynamic environment, be an excellent communicator that can influence and facilitate change and enhance performance within a cross functional environment.
- Provide leadership for the Project Team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Promote safe working practises throughout the performance of the works, with particular emphasis on promoting safe working practises amongst the various contractors
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the Business
- Review tender costs with the Commercial Team, ensuring aspects of delivery characteristics are considered allowing effective procurement
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership and clients
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address Client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
- Define the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, Client and key stakeholders
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Management and maintenance of all permits, licences, authorisation necessary for the construction
- Performance reviews and staff development
- Monitor the performance of staff
- Providing the Contracts Director with support to include the reporting of progress, support for claims for extension of time and or costs, feedback of data installed on the equipment and quality issues on site
The Ideal Person:
- Extensive Contracts Management experience
- Able to work creatively and analytically in a fast paced problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Knowledge and understanding of all the trades required on site, the codes of practice relating to them and the requirements for them, to be able to quality control works ensuring that they are completed to the required standards
- Strong understanding of H&S and to be able to apply all H&S requirements
- Commercial approach to project management, to be able to identify cost savings and understands budget issues
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong at organising and prioritising competing demands
- Demonstrable leadership & motivational skills
- Knowledge of building regulations, legislation and compliance
- Contractual knowledge (JCT, NEC, D&B etc)
- Current and appropriate site H&S card
- Happy to work in London during the working week
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion