Project Assistant - HSCNI (Band 5)
VANRATH are recruiting a Project Assistant (Health Service). This role will run initially for 6 months (with definite possibility of extension). This role will need an experienced candidate who has a demonstrable track record of providing project management support.
- Provide project management support for programmes with an Operations team. This will involve supporting the development of business cases, planning activities, risk and issues management, monitoring and coordination of tasks
- Assist project managers in the design, establishment and maintenance of project controls and standards.
- Participate as an active member of project teams.
- Act as point of contact for projects and develop an archive of information to allow reporting and information sharing.
- Be responsible for implementing and maintaining effective project management systems which will enable risk management, performance reporting, sharing of best practice and monitoring.
- Use agreed project management methodology to maintain changes to project implementation plans and to ensure reporting is carried out by project managers.
- Work with project managers to investigate causes of any variance from objectives.
- Coordinate project risks and issues and the corresponding mitigation actions, working with project managers.
- Establish and maintain project management tools and templates as a resource for the directorate.
- Prepare internal and external reports for the Senior Project Manager and the Head of Transformation including those to be submitted to the Shared Services Senior Management Team and other committees.
- Circulate regular project progress reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate action is initiated following meetings.
- Liaise with staff in other health and social care organisations and external organisations as required.
- Provide administrative support by scheduling internal and external meetings as required and recording minutes and actions.
- Liaise with Heads of Service to ensure that agreed actions are completed within a timely manner.
The Ideal Person:
- University Degree and one year of relevant experience/ Relevant professional qualification and two years of relevant experience/ Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification of Project Management methodology (PRINCE2, Six Sigma or equivalent).
- Project assistance / management experience
BAND 5 (HSCNI pay grade), plus holiday pay, pension and discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Project Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McKinley in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…