Project Accountant (Newry)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting an Accountant to join a well known public sector organisation in the Newry area. The successful Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts as well as helping to drive process improvements within the finance department. This role is a temporary contract for a minimum period of 9 months.
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts for the organisation, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting standards;
- Preparing statutory accounts for consolidation to Whole of Government Accounts;
- Ensuring that all necessary audit schedules are prepared in advance of an External Audit and liaising as appropriate with External Auditors;
- Preparation of regulatory and other returns as required;
- Providing technical advice and support on accounting and finance matters to the Finance Manager;
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant in respect of Recommended Accounting Practices, Departmental guidance, legislation and taxation;
- To be responsible for monitoring and forecasting cash flow to identify the monthly cash draw down requirements;
- Producing monthly income and expenditure reports and supporting financial statements from the computerised accounting system;
- Ensuring the accuracy of the computerised General Ledger and accounting records.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant or equivalent
- Excellent IT Skills and Excel skills
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Salary £39,000-£42,500
- Flexible working / Hybrid working
- 32 days holiday
For further information on this vacancy, or any other finance or accountancy jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.