VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for a programmer to join a leading public sector organisation who work alongside high profile projects funded by the EU.
We are offer an excellent remuneration package for this position of c£28,706.00 plus Holiday & Pension.
The client is a multi-disciplinary organisation with c650 staff involved in high technology research and development, diagnostic and analytical testing for Government departments, public bodies and commercial companies in Northern Ireland, and further afield.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate needs to have the following experience;
- Relevant IT programming experience gained within a business environment
- Troubleshooting and de-bugging Microsoft Office Software Systems - particularly MS Access and MS Excel that utilise Visual Basic for Applications (VBA);
- Development of software solutions utilising the Microsoft .NET Framework or .NET Core;
- Testing and validating developed application code;
- Experience of SQL (Structured Query Language);
- Taking ownership of user problems and being proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Access to transport
The Programmer has the following responsibilities:
- Develop, deploy and maintain e-services, business and scientific computing applications (pooled core resource)
- Meet and communicate with internal & external stakeholders in the system requirements gathering process, discussing options, leading to specification of projects
- Develop and maintain documentation according to best practice, including software design specifications, test plans and review reports
- Input to the design and development of relational databases
- Provide end-user technical support and manage system change requests
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT public sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"