Our client supports their customers across various sectors, including government, education, transportation, healthcare, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations. This support is driven by the expertise of its talented team members, combined with cutting-edge technology, insights, and analytics.
This Programme Manager role within the IT function, entails identifying obstacles to success and addressing them, and is responsible for promoting the vision of the change program to employees at all levels of the business.
- Competitive salary: Up to £85k
- Hybrid/Remote working model
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive annual leave + option to buy more scheme
- Health & Medical
- Company-matched pension contributions, a cycle2work scheme, enhanced maternity/paterny & a host of additional benefits.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders overseeing the line of business operations to ensure maximum improvements as project groups transition their products into operational use.
- Maintain the business case for program funding and regularly assess the program's ongoing viability.
- Determine, monitor, and review all program economics, including costs, budgets, staffing, resources, and risks.
- Lead program teams in defining business requirements and translating them into operational plans.
- Develop and maintain the necessary environment to support project managers, including processes, practices, and training.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on overall progress, taking corrective action when necessary to ensure timely and budgeted program deliverables.
- Manage exceptions, delays, and priority issues, initiating additional activities as needed to address program gaps.
- Ensure program coherence by monitoring changes in the project portfolio and reassessing project alignment with business objectives and efficient fund utilisation.
- Recommend project cancellations and the initiation of new projects within the program.
- Report program progress to the senior management team.
- Develop and manage specific communication channels and stakeholder groups to identify potential benefits and contribute to the business case.
- Facilitate the business change decision-making processes and the planning and execution of change initiatives.
- Within a change program, oversee and coordinate the portfolio of interconnected projects, from initiation to final operational stage, on behalf of senior management.
You'll absorb complex technical information and effectively communicate it to both technical and non-technical audiences. You'll assess and evaluate risks, understand the implications of new technologies, and demonstrate clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade. Your knowledge will span all aspects of IT, with deep expertise in your specific area.
- Proven project management and leadership skills, coupled with strong business analysis knowledge.
- Strong planning, communication, and presentation skills, with proficiency in project quality management.
- Comprehensive understanding of principles, methods, techniques, and tools for effective project management from initiation through implementation.
- Proficiency in principles, methods, techniques, and tools for budget preparation and monitoring to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Expertise in managing a program of projects and related activities to achieve planned business benefits.
- Skill in deploying resources efficiently in a dynamic multi-project environment, with the ability to reassess and reallocate as needed.
- Capability to identify, assess, and manage project risks that could lead to time or cost overruns or product delivery.
- Likely educated to degree level or holds a professional qualification (IT/Management related).
- Knowledge of techniques for modelling and understanding businesses and their operations.
- Proficiency in methods and techniques for conducting structured reviews, including technical diagrams, test plans, business cases, and other key deliverables.
- Skill in preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender, and statements of requirements, both orally and in writing.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Project/Programme Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Sean Doherty in the strictest confidence.
Some of my recent testimonials:
"I've worked with a lot of recruitment consultants both as an employer and as a client and I can highly recommend Sean. He helped me secure my last move and I found him to be excellent in following up any questions I had as well as keeping me in the loop on progress. He was even willing to help out on his days off!"
"I had a great experience working with Vanrath. Sean Doherty was great to work with and his communication and attentiveness was very helpful throughout the experience. Even after turning down a job offer attained through Vanrath, as I didn't feel it was the right career choice for me, Sean was great at insuring that the next vacancies he sent me where much more aligned with my interest. I would highly recommend using Vanrath."
"I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me, so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"