Ballymoney, Co Antrim
Monday - Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 2.15pm
Vanrath are working with our client who are global manufacturers of heavy plant equipment and are on the lookout for a Production Supervisor to join the growing team based in Ballymoney.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of operators interpreting high level requirements and transferring these to daily objectives.
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities and resources necessary to achieve daily targets
- Managing safe working practices and ensuring high environmental standards
- Ensuring that production is working to required standards in a zero defects culture, following standard work.
- Cost, monitoring production costs to ensure that targets are achieved
- Manage the team on a daily basis in terms of labour, work instruction, attendance management, performance management and any disciplinary and grievance issues that may arise.
- To ensure the line is run in accordance with lean manufacturing practices and principals.
- Ensure compliance to all general site Rules, Regulations, and Policies
We are looking for
- Minimum 2 years previous production leadership experience gained within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience and proven track record of Supervisory and /or people management is essential.
- A working understanding of lean manufacturing, JIT and continuous improvement techniques
This is a fulltime/permanent role with working hours of Monday - Thursday 8am to 5pm and early Friday finish at 2.15pm. In return you will receive a competitive salary depending on skills and experience, benefits package to include pension, holidays etc. and strong career development opportunities with a leading employer!
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Engineering/Manufacturing jobs in Co Antrim or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Sophie Brown in the strictest confidence.