Fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a well known FMCG Food manufacturing company in a Production Planner position. This company places immense value on their staff, and is one of the best places for an individual who is looking to progress their career.
This is a Temporary (6-month contract with the possibility of being made permanent) role - Monday - Friday - Office is based in Dungannon.
£26,000 - £27,500 + Additional Fantastic Benefits and Perks & Progression Opportunities
- To translate the sales demand into efficient, least cost production plans considering labour, ingredients, raw material, and capacity. Focus to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by achieving service levels across the customer base.
- Planning areas - Raw material planning, ingredients planning, production planning, and retail sales co-ordination.
- Monitor stocks of finished goods, WIP, ingredients and raw materials and identify any errors.
- Collate orders from all sources, EDI, Fax, promotion register and verbal and ensure that all expected orders are in the system and sense check for any errors or missing products or depots.
- Generate daily production plans in accordance with the specifications and protocols as advised by our customer base.
- Monitor order and production progress, to ensure we are on target to achieve despatch out-load times.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers, primal, proteins, ingredients and monitor adherence, and communicate to relevant departments any supply issues.
- Respond to and follow up sales and production enquiries in a timely manner using appropriate methods.
- Ensure all planning and purchasing systems are kept updated within the permissions granted to the planning department.
- Liaise with operational management regarding promotions and new product launches.
- Liaise with business-to-business commercial teams on sold volumes versus agreed contracts.
- To ensure the integrity of our products, customers and brands are always maintained, as suitable to the role and defined in relevant procedures.
The Ideal Person:
- Good computer skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Methodical structured approach to work and able to work to tight timescales.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is essential.
- Flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Able to work on own initiative, as part of a team and with other teams
- Previous experience in a similar role would be a strong advantage.
Please note this is a six-month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension/being made permanent.
Closing date: Friday 9th February 2024 at 5pm