In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer of £30,000 - £40,000. In addition to this, the position comes with a range of fantastic benefits.
VANRATH is delighted to have partnered with a leading cyber security firm to recruit a Product Support Engineer to join their talented team.
The Ideal Person
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in an organization spread across multiple locations and time zones
- Ability to prioritize and manage time-sensitive tasks
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate US time zone overlaps
- Willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and proactively drive self-education
- Log Management experience (including Syslog, Windows Events, and NetFlow) is preferred
- Demonstrated network troubleshooting and systems administration knowledge
- Understanding of fundamental cyber security concepts
- Previous experience working with a SIEM(IBM QRadar, FortiSIEM, Alienvault, Logpoint)
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS, or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Two or more years of technical support experience
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or relevant industry certificate. Commensurate relevant experience may be accepted in place of missed criteria.
- Help customers onboard/deploy monitoring of their on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Help customers guide installation of collectors, agents (Windows/Linux/EDR) and other applications.
- Act as part of a team who are the primary customer and internal contact and owner for security support issues.
- Provide direct technical support to customers and partners via email, ticket systems, phone, and video conference with screenshare. Work cross-functionally with account managers, security services, software engineers, and other internal teams to solve problems and improve customer experience.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to determine root cause of problems, propose and implement workarounds, and work to implement a solution.
- Reproduce customer issues to verify and help understand problems, while ruling out external factors.
- Create, improve, update, and review internal / external documentation to streamline the customer experience and share key learnings with the rest of the organization.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cyber Security, Networks or Sales jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden in the strictest confidence on 02890330250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org