VANRATH have partnered with a locally formed SaaS business seeking a Product Owner who is passionate about delivering globally used products in a dynamic and collaborative work setting. In this role, you will take charge of specifying new and improved product features and effectively communicating them through product design requirements to the development team.
As a valued member of the Product team, you will collaborate closely with the Product Designer and have direct access to this company's leadership, allowing you to actively shape the future direction of a range of exciting, innovative products.
Identifying and Analysing New Platform Features: Engage in the exploration and analysis of potential platform features and enhancements based on various inputs, including current customer feedback, sales-driven requests, and comprehensive market research.
Client Engagement: Manage client workshops, conduct interviews, and employ various methods to extract valuable information necessary for product development.
Software Development Lifecycle: Collaborate with Technical Leads to initiate the initial stages of the Software Development lifecycle process, including planning and estimating future product development items.
Process Improvement: Identify and, if feasible, implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and the quality of product enhancements.
Functional Specifications: Thoroughly document detailed Functional Specifications for planned development in collaboration with the UX/UI designer.
Technical Team Collaboration: Work closely with the Technical team during delivery to minimise obstacles and address any ambiguities that may arise.
Functionality Testing: Assist the Product Designer in conducting initial functionality testing.
Product Documentation: Maintain the Product Roadmap and the Product Solution Description documentation.
Client Liaison: Establish communication with key clients regarding planned features and address any adhoc queries related to future product development.
Sales and Client Success Support: Support the Sales team in analysing and estimating bespoke product requests and assist the Client Success team in addressing complex product capability queries.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis or related roles within a software development environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional documentation and communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations tailored to the audience's structure and style preferences.
- Exhibit the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and make well-informed decisions even under pressure, considering the balance between technical complexity and delivery timelines.
- Capable of effectively prioritising tasks and managing personal time, while also identifying and reporting issues outside of your area of expertise.
- Display the motivation and confidence to carry out work independently when required.
- Function as a strong team player capable of delivering results within demanding timeframes and constraints.
- Feel comfortable working within a technical environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, international, client-oriented environment.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Project Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact SeanDoherty in the strictest confidence.
Some of my recent testimonials:
"I had a great experience working with Vanrath. Sean Doherty was great to work with and his communication and attentiveness was very helpful throughout the experience. Even after turning down a job offer attained through Vanrath, as I didn't feel it was the right career choice for me, Sean was great at insuring that the next vacancies he sent me where much more aligned with my interest. I would highly recommend using Vanrath."
"I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me, so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"