- Job Reference: JSPDE040522
- Job Title: Product Development Engineer
- Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum + benefits
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Cookstown or Monkstown
Product Development Engineer
Are you an experienced, degree qualified Engineer? Interested in a Product Development role within an award-winning materials processing company?
VANRATH are recruiting a creative problem solver to take up a role as a Product Development Engineer, applying their ability to critically assess current technologies in the materials processing industry and show original thinking in the development of new solutions.
Our client is a leading provider of wet processing solutions for the materials processing and waste disposal industries. With a reputation for innovation, they work hard to create a better world through bold engineering solutions.
A global entity, they have a number of locations in Northern Ireland, including their global headquarters and manufacturing centre of excellence.
£30,000 - £32,000 per annum
* Research new processes and technologies to generate ideas for improving the existing product range and for creating new products.
* Creation of innovative concepts to address project requirements, and development of these concepts into solutions that can practically and realistically be applied.
* Design of new parts and assemblies within a structured R&D process from concept, design, support factory build and on-site testing while adhering to a project plan.
* Creation of detailed engineering drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for procurement and manufacturing of new parts and assemblies.
* Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure all relevant input is considered and any concerns addressed.
* Liaison with Suppliers to ensure designs are within manufacturing capabilities.
* Participate in Quality reviews and processes
* Co-ordinate with and update Senior Engineers and Engineering Manager on project status
* Follow design processes and procedures to ensure high-quality drawings and BOMs are in line with company standards.
* Interpreting and complying with international standards relating to the design of machinery, particularly those applicable to health and safety.
* Adherence to project plans to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
* Excellent communication, ensuring all internal stakeholders are kept informed of project progress and issues as they arise.
* Reviewing and addressing quality issues associated with new and existing designs, while closing-out non-conformance reports (NCRs) in a timely manner.
* Focus on reducing costs, increasing standardization and modularization, while carefully considering Design for Manufacture (DFM).
* Participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance product quality, and features, while reducing product costs when possible.
* Develop skills and knowledge to be able to undertake and manage new projects from initial roadmap idea, to fully tested and commercially viable products.
* Learning all aspects of the business to become a well-rounded engineer.
* Compliance with all company policies, including those for health and safety.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree in Engineering related field
- 2 Years Experience in with design team.
- Steel Fabrication experience
- Experience in Draughting, BOM Creation, Design for Manufacture
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250