VANRATH is delighted to have partnered with a global digital workplace provider - Firstup - to hire a Product Designer for their worldwide Design team.
Firstup is fundamentally changing how organisations communicate and connect. They aim to be the backbone of the entire Digital Employee Experience. From the front line to the C-suite, they help deliver targeted information at the right time, in the right place, and in the right language.
They are unifying the digital workplace and giving workers personalised access to all the systems, resources, and applications they need to do their jobs.
Joining Firstup means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in their world-class customer base, and its millions of employees worldwide.
If you are ready to make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
Their customer base includes household names and is growing daily, and now they need your help!
Product Designer Responsibilities
- Translate user needs and research insights into disruptive new product design ideas and features, then design the workflows and detailed interactions to realise them
- Communicate design ideas using a variety of formats - use framework visualisations, system diagrams, loose sketches, wireframes, and comprehensive prototypes to gather feedback and help the team build confidence in design direction
- Take a data-informed design approach, leveraging inputs like user research and usage data to inform design direction
- Work with and contribute to a cross-platform design system and language with an eye on accessibility - Firstup builds products that can scale for a global audience, and are useful and usable to everyone
- Collaborate with other designers to create a singular, cohesive experience across products
- Build collaborative relationships with other team members (Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, etc) and proactively share work and iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Own the success or failure of your design work
The Ideal Person
- User-centred - You think beyond the pixels on the screen, toward value for the user
- Team mindset - You embrace feedback, proactively seek it out to inform and unblock your own work, and share it with others
- Curious problem-solver - You love the discovery process, and embrace turning loosely defined problems into tangible wireframes and prototypes that deepen the collective understanding of how to solve the problem at hand
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and facilitator - You tell compelling stories that articulate the 'why' of your design work, and you're comfortable working with others to design the "best" solution to a problem
- Proactive doer - You take steps to push projects toward completion, and find ways to make progress amongst ambiguity
- Measured - You form opinions on what success means for a project, and seek data to understand why your designs succeed or fail in order to iterate and improve
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Design or similar discipline, with 2+ years of experience designing products and experiences
- A portfolio that demonstrates passion for user-centred design, and simple solutions to complex, human problems.
- Samples that highlight strong visual design, product design, usability, and design thinking skills.
Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join Firstup. This is a rapidly changing space, so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
- In order to attract the very best talent on the market a highly generous remuneration package is on offer, plus a range of market leading benefits;
- Private health insurance
- Market leading holiday allowance + reward for taking leave
- Profit options
- Flexible approach to working - Belfast office + hybrid
- Plus a whole range of further benefits!
For further insight into this vacancy and fantastic company please apply via the link below or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence.