VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our client, a large and well-known Public Sector Organisation with the recruitment of a Procurement Officer to join their team based in Armagh.
This is a Full-Time Monday - Friday position. 37 hours per week. Monday - Friday 9 - 5.
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum, plus benefits.
- To assist the Category Manager in the provision of best practice procurement and contract management services within a category area or manage a specialist area of work within Procurement Services.
- To manage the end to end procurement process to deliver value for money solutions for clients.
- To organise and manage a team of category assistants providing a best practice procurement and contract management service within a category area or manage a specialist area of work within Procurement Services;
- The post holder will have supervisory responsibilities for staff organised in groups or teams as necessary and will be responsible for the day to day management of functional activities within a category area.
- Specific knowledge of the category area will be required to provide advice and guidance to line managers and school leaders and customers;
- The post holder will be required to exercise judgement or discretion within a framework of rule, practice and precedent and will be required to identify and select the most appropriate course of action from a range of options.
- Undertaking research and investigation, analysis of results and devising recommendations. The post will involve review of existing practices and identification of new solutions to operational problems including analytics of data.
- Hold a third level qualification (HNC or above) or equivalent and one year's demonstrable experience working in a procurement or purchasing environment planning and delivering.
- Have two year's demonstrable experience working in a procurement or purchasing environment planning and delivering procurements for supplies, services or works.
- Have one year's demonstrable experience in supervision and management of staff in a procurement or administration function.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Information Technology systems including Microsoft Office Suite, eTendersNI (or other online etendering system) and other management information systems.
- Sound knowledge in relation to procurement, completing public procurement tenders, contract management and the procurement lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Northern Ireland Public Procurement policy and the Public Contract Regulations 2015 as updated.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal working hours.
- Be willing to complete study to achieve full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS).
For further information on this opportunity, or any other position in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Birch in the strictest confidence.
Some positive candidate feedback we've received-
''Would highly recommend Vanrath. After uploading my cv I was contacted the next day and they were able to find a permanent suitable role for me very quickly. They were very helpful and supportive through the entire interview process and were able to negotiate a very good job offer which I was delighted with.''
''Vanrath were massively helpful in helping me secure my new role. They provided tips and example questions for the interviews and were able to get quick feedback.''
''I found VANRATH to be friendly, professional, and genuinely interested in understanding exactly what the candidate is looking for. The entire process was smooth and efficient, I was kept informed throughout.''