VANRATH are supporting our client in their search for a Procurement Officer to join their busy team for a period of 12 months initially.
- £33,486 starting salary
- 12-month contract with potential to extend
- Full annual leave entitlement up to 37 days
- Benefits package exclusive to VANRATH (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
The Ideal Person
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of two years' relevant experience within a procurement/purchasing unit including the preparation and issue of tenders for a diverse range of supplies, services and works.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK procurement regulations.
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative
It would be advantageous for applicant to hold a relevant professional qualification such as Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or equivalent
Summary of the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of operational procurement support across the Organisation and to lead, promote and modernise procurement processes, within the constraints of UK procurement regulations.
Core tasks will include but not be limited to:
Raise procurement awareness corporately across the organisation and co-ordinate the provision of procurement training, support and advice to departments as required.
Support individual sections across the organisation in developing local procedures in line with the overall corporate procurement objectives.
Monitor legislative and procedural compliance corporately across the organisation and to support department sections in ensuring that appropriate standards are adhered to.
Identify areas where the tender process can be extended and to work with relevant staff to develop corporate contracts and progress preferred supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Operational management of corporate contracts, including contract management with both Officers and suppliers and reporting to the Procurement Manager on performance.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recruitment agencies are organisations that focus on matching candidates with recruiters. Companies will advertise jobs through them, and job seekers will look at the posts on offer. The recruitment agency in the meantime will scout through the job seekers, and try to match them to their most suited jobs. Recruitment agencies bridge the gap between both parties to make the whole process a much smoother one.
Not only do recruitment agencies help candidates find the right type of job most suited to them, but at the same, they time provide companies and businesses with the right fit they are searching for with their job. A recruitment agency is the best option for matching the right person with the right position.