VANRATH are supporting our public sector client in their recruitment of an experienced procurement professional, to join their team on a temporary long-term basis.
This is a fantastic, long-term requirement, for an initial period of 12 months, providing the successful candidate with career development opportunities in a Public Sector environment.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer plus a range of benefits:
- £42,503 per annum
- Public Sector career progression
- Hybrid working model
- Full annual leave entitlement up to 37 days
- Pension contribution
- Discount package exclusive to VANRATH
- Immediate start available
- Ongoing professional development support and guidance form our senior consultants
Summary of the role
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading, developing and co-ordinating the strategic procurement needs of the Organisation and providing a comprehensive procurement service in order to ensure the most efficient use of resources and safeguarding the client reputation in line with an agreed Procurement Policy.
You will work with other managers within the Department and actively participate in cross cutting initiatives to ensure delivery of the agreed Procurement Policy to achieve the Corporate Plan. Acting in a managerial capacity, you will effectively manage, motivate, monitor and develop all procurement staff providing a support service for the wider Council.
The Ideal Person
Applicants must have full current membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and possess a third level qualification.
You must also be able to demonstrate a minimum of two years' experience within in a Procurement role (4 years' if you do not possess the academic requirement) to include:
- Experience of drafting and implementing procurement strategies and policies to achieve outcomes for the organisation.
- Experience of delivering procurement training, including the production of training guides and documentation.
- Experience of managing tendering procedures, including procuring a diverse range of supplies, services and works achieving efficiencies for the organisation.
- Experience of managing/supervising a team of staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of Procurement and Contract Law and the application of this within the NI Public Sector.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of relevant European legislation and UK procurement regulations.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recruitment agencies are organisations that focus on matching candidates with recruiters. Companies will advertise jobs through them, and job seekers will look at the posts on offer. The recruitment agency in the meantime will scout through the job seekers, and try to match them to their most suited jobs. Recruitment agencies bridge the gap between both parties to make the whole process a much smoother one.
Not only do recruitment agencies help candidates find the right type of job most suited to them, but at the same, they time provide companies and businesses with the right fit they are searching for with their job. A recruitment agency is the best option for matching the right person with the right position.