VANRATH are proud to be partnering with NI Assembly in their search for a Procurement Manager to join their busy and growing team for a period of 6 months initially.
This role offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits
The Ideal Person
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) and at least 2 years' experience in each of the areas detailed at (a) - (d). Applications will also be considered from applicants who have membership of accredited procurement organisations considered to be equivalent to MCIPS.
- At least 4 years' experience in each of the areas detailed at (a) - (d).
The experience specified above at 1 and 2 must be in the following areas:
- Successfully leading and managing procurement exercises with individual values greater than £100,000 which were conducted under Public Procurement Regulations.
- Business case and specification development in professional support, understanding and defining of a client's needs. This should include advising clients, at a senior level* within an organisation, on business cases, specifications, procurement strategies and risk management.
- Managing and prioritising a diverse workload including the use of technologies.
- Managing, developing and motivating staff to ensure effective service delivery and specific outcomes.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the relevant law, regulations and guidance relating to procurement e.g. Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and evidence of providing advice on these at a senior level* within an organisation.
- To provide a high quality, effective and professional procurement service which delivers value for money solutions for the Assembly Commission;
- To deliver procurement services to a range of stakeholders;
- To assist the various business areas to define their operational needs as they relate to third party support (suppliers);
- To develop procurement and contract strategies in accordance with statutory and policy requirements (including the incorporation of sustainability aspects);
- To ensure that all practices, policies and procedures in the Procurement Office are compliant with the Public Contracts Regulations and to keep these under review;
- To lead staff to successfully deliver agreed objectives;
- To manage staff who report to this post;
- To ensure that there is an emphasis on continuous learning and development in the Procurement Office;
- To provide support to Secretariat business areas to manage, monitor, evaluate and review contracts to ensure quality, value for money and compliance to contract terms and conditions;
- To support and assist the Head of Procurement in the provision of a contract management service ensuring compliance across the Secretariat including involvement in contract reviews where the contracts are managed by lead buying areas and subsequently manage debriefing;
- To develop and maintain regular and effective communication with clients, particularly via the procurement liaison officer role;
- To support and provide assistance in overseeing the management of financial, manpower and IT requirements of the Procurement Office to maintain continuous improvement of service levels and standards including determining, bidding, controlling and evaluating effective use of Assembly Commission resources;
- To develop process mapping to provide key process guidance;
- To encourage and maintain professional membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and attend as required by the Head of Procurement, the NI Public Procurement Practitioners Group, and Parliamentary Procurement Forum;
- To comply with the Assembly Commission's Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures; and
- To carry out such other duties as the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Adam Stinson the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…