VANRATH are proud to be partnering with our public sector client in their search for a Procurement Compliance Manager with a thorough understanding of procurement compliance, to join their busy and growing team on a temporary basis with the potential to extend up to two years. This is an advantageous opportunity to progress your career within a complex health and social care environment, benefiting from a competitive salary and hybrid working arrangements.
What's in it for you?
- £33,706 salary
- Lisburn office
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Full annual leave entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Perks membership exclusive to VANRATH
- Training, supervision and learning opportunities for professional development.
- Ongoing professional support from our senior consultants
What you'll do
As part of the Procurement and Logistics team, you will support the Head of Procurement Compliance in delivering a number of compliance measures, including providing support to network Organisations to assist them fulfilling their obligations under the Direct Award Contracts. This includes:
- Preparing responses in relation to requests for information made under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
- Conformance checks in respect of team's use of e-TendersNI
- A range of corporate responsibilities to support compliance within the Department.
- Managing and developing the compliance service at the respective location.
- Fulfil a key role in the supply chain, supporting health and social care to patients and clients.
- Assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland.
Candidates must posses two years professional experience and hold a relevant University Degree (e.g. business/accountancy or law) or hold a relevant professional qualification of at least graduate level (e.g. full membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
Alternatively, candidates must demonstrate five years relevant experience in a procurement, audit, accounting, legal or corporate governance environment. Two of which must include management of staff.
You will also be able to evidence the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to maintain and improve services, systems and customer service to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Be familiar with all aspects of contracting, in particular Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Freedom of Information Act (2000) and the Environmental Information Regulations (2004) particularly in a Procurement context.
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers.
- Have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel.
- Be proficient in the use of IT and in particular the use of Microsoft Office products.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Pubic Sector role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''I found Vanrath very professional from the off, they took the time to understand my background and experience only putting me forward for Jobs, that were suitable both with respect to my experience and abilities as well as my intended career direction.''
''VANRATH were extremely supportive throughout the recruitment process and answered any queries I had, whilst keeping me informed of progress the entire time. This provided me with more confidence going into the interviews and helped me to secure my new role. Highly recommend!''