Procurement Category Manager (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Procurement Category Manager for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension/permanent based in their Armagh office.
- Management of a Procurement Category to deliver effective category management strategies based upon business needs and emerging trends and manage contract reviews ensuring contract performance is managed in line with KPIs and customer requirements.
- Manage and develop an effective category management team to ensure competent and sustainable procurement resources are available to meet the needs of the Client
- Develop category level intelligent customer networks (stakeholder experts who will be utilised to provide advice and guidance to procurements) and manage ongoing relationships with Client Departments and wider Client customers.
- Manage strategic supplier relationship management to identify performance improvements.
- Work with other CoPEs to develop collaborative strategies for category.
- Developing contract management and supplier relationship management strategies as integral aspects of procurement activity.
- Proactively engage in pre-market engagement and regular market sounding to establish feasibility, capacity, capability and encourage innovation.
- Build working relationships with procurement professionals from other CoPEs and continually benchmark and regularly examine best practice to ensure Client are leading in category level innovative procurement.
- Have two years experience in the management or supervision of staff within Public Sector
- Have three years experience of managing the full procurement and contract management lifecycle
- Knowledge of the PCR (2015), NIPPP and PGNs
- Willingness to work towards achieving CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management) qualification
- Have experience in the operation of the e-TendersNI
- Have experience in the operation of an Oracle based Procure to Pay system
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change
£38,000, per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…