- Job Reference: JSPE021122
- Job Title: Process Engineer
- Salary: £35k to £40k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Toomebridge
Are you a Process Engineer with good experience in lean manufacturing processes? Interested in a lead role within an established business with fantastic growth opportunities?
VANRATH are recruiting a Process Engineer with an affinity for lean manufacturing to lead process development and at their roofing materials production facility.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials across Northern Ireland and the UK. Part of a larger, nationwide organisation with over 7000 employees, they boast multiple facilities and operations around the country, supplying a variety of products to the construction industry.
Having recently optimised their facility in Toomebridge, producing roofing materials, including a full revamp of the overall manufacturing process, they have an immediate need for a Process Engineer experienced in lean manufacturing. This position is in view to taking over as the Process Team lead in the near future.
£35k to £40k dependant upon experience
- Optimisation of processes to increase plant availability
- Root Cause analyses and fault identification recording & reporting. Lead information sharing & team working.
- Assist team with problem solving activities
- Continuous improvement projects. Develop manufacturing controls & documentation for a lean manufacturing process
- Develop and lead training programs for operators
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and trouble shoot day to day technical production issues
- Analyse production trends & performance
- Supporting supervisors and production as required
- Attending and Contributing to Production & performance led Meetings as Required
- Support and positively engage with current operational excellence program
- Monitor energy usage and identify opportunities for improvement
- Undertake and manage specific projects, as identified or agreed by senior management
- The successful candidate will initially be required to undertake a hands on approach throughout our production operations to gain an understanding of our current processes and products
The Ideal Person:
- Degree level, in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience in a similar engineering, manufacturing or process improvement role
- Proven track record delivering results within a production facility
- Strong understanding of production best practice techniques e.g., Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, TQM (Total Quality Management) and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250