Principal Software Engineer (£70k, Hybrid, Belfast)
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of £70k + 10% bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme and private medical cover
- Life insurance
- Working from home/Hybrid option
The ideal person
- A degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle in a technical role
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over The Counter (OTC) products
- Enterprise system experience and experience of overseeing the development of complex systems
- Act as the primary technical leader and developer on a team, demonstrating strong technical competencies and acting as a dependable and high value member of the team.
- Provide technical oversight of the analysis and design for assigned projects.
- Design, develop, test and oversee production software solutions, including the development of highly complex systems, and modifications of existing systems.
- Be able to communicate the architecture and principles behind a system to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Support the team through help with defining scope and guiding estimation of work to be done by leveraging previous experience.
VANRATH is assisting a multinational organisation that conducts business on the major stock and commodity markets worldwide. As part of their hybrid business strategy, brokers give their clients business-critical intelligence. They enhance market access, price discovery, trade execution, liquidity, and information flow by fusing the expertise of their people with cutting-edge technology.
They are a market leader who transacts business in the wholesale marketplaces both off-exchange and over-the-counter (OTC). Banks, insurance firms, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, oil producers and refiners, risk and compliance managers, and non-profit organisations are just a few of the many clients they service. They have a solid reputation in the industry for being trustworthy, moral, and providing excellent customer service.
I have been working in the software industry for the past 5 years specialising in testing and development roles. This background and knowledge of the space allows me to give you a deeper understanding of the clients we are currently working with and the roles that best match your talents and ambitions.
For further information on this opportunity, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Michael Corrigan in the strictest confidence.