We are delighted to be recruiting a principal officer for one of our public sector clients. The post holder will contribute to the delivery of the Land and Regeneration Units business objectives to build sustainable communities through effective place shaping and land & property management in line with our vision and values as outlined below:
- Oversee all Place Shaping department processes, including strategic planning and risk assessment
- Set and monitor business objectives, conduct audits, and assess risks
- Manage staff, overseeing their work and performance
- Handle land disposal applications, economic appraisals, and oversee conveyancing
- Manage the house sales process, quality assure offers, and oversee post-sale activities
- Handle vesting, compensation, and extinguishment applications related to land
- Ensure effective use and maintenance of the Land Terrier Management System
- Align land asset use and disposal with area-based place shaping programs
- Collaborate with local stakeholders for holistic housing-led regeneration delivery
- Provide local enabling support for initiatives creating mixed-use, mixed-tenure neighborhoods
- Contribute to the development of innovative housing-led regeneration solutions
- Represent the department to external and internal stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for governance and assurance
- Produce regular reports and briefings on Land and Regeneration programs
- Possess a degree or equivalent level qualification, (preferably in a discipline which includes at least one of the following subjects; land law, land and estate management, regeneration), plus 2 years' relevant experience working in a Regeneration function.
- BTEC Higher or equivalent Level 5* qualification e.g. IOHPQ plus 3 years' relevant experience working in a Regeneration function.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience* working in a working in a regeneration environment AND can demonstrate continued professional development including the attainment of relevant learning/qualifications.